Going Green

Thursday, December 13, 2007

What Is A Carbon Offset?

This is a question that I believe many people are asking --

Probing Question: What are carbon offsets?

Thursday, December 13, 2007

By Lisa Duchene
Research Penn State

While most Americans are aware that they increase carbon dioxide in the atmosphere by burning fossil fuel to drive their cars and heat their homes, they tend to think less about the greenhouse impacts of other daily activities.

According to Tim Considine, professor of natural resources at Penn State, people shouldn't forget that half of the electricity they use for everything from toasting their morning bagels to running their computers is generated by coal-fired power plants.

Carbon emissions are considered to be...(complete article here).

I wonder if I could get someone to pay me to plant tree rows around my pasture?

No comments: